Please stop writing whiny blog posts about how hardly anyone is contributing to the blog. This does not inspire sympathy, it inspires contempt.
Some ideas to get more traffic to this blog and potentially more contributors:
- Paid advertising (might work, might not)
- Posting something daily or at least consistently: this is a matter of math. Search Engine Optimization. More content = more searchbots locating your content = showing up in random searches.
- Tweeting the blog address.
- Something about facebook.
- DO NOT POST blog posts about blogging or engage in public whining. Passive aggression is not an attractive trait and are much more annoying than you realize.
- Putting the blog address on postcards, bookmarks, business cards, community bulletin boards with tear-away blog address strips, craigslist, etc.
- Develop a marketing plan (see above)
- Do not believe that internet success relies on random luck. It's math and hard work. Just because you have built it and you think it's an awesome idea does not mean everyone else will also think the same.
- Write a press release about it. Do this often (see "Develop a marketing plan"). Your local public library should have books about marketing, SEO stuff, how to write a press release, etc. Or you can just steal the books you need from your local bankrupt bookstore.