1 December 2010

December 2010

And so, it's the beginning of Summer - my least favourite time of the year.  I can't take the heat; I often think I should have been born in Sweden or Russia.  I love the cold weather but I think that it's mainly because it's much easier to warm up than to cool down.

However, now that I've said that, I do like the fact that it's the first day of summer.  It isn't hot, it isn't cold, it's just right.  It's a Goldilocks day.  Sure, it'll get hot but, right now, summer's all right by me. 

Besides, it's December and December also means Christmas.  And Christmas in Australia means lots of lights, lots of fake snow and lots of shopping.  It also means that people are a little happier than they were last week but, that won't last. 

For now though, I say bring it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment